HP released a free mobile app to manage iLO last week and I have to say, it is pretty slick. I’ve tried it on the iPad 2, iPhone 4S, and an Android Gingerbread phone so far (and all over WiFi). The screen and mouse are very responsive when consoling into a server and you also get the full iLO console available to you.
You can find more info on HP’s website here:
Apple App Store download link:
Android Market download link:
What I really love about it is that it saves your connection info and even pulls down the type of hardware the server is so for future use, all of it is in the app already for you. I hope they give you an option to import a list of servers in bulk at some point. Or maybe synch the iLO connection list across multiple devices.
Here are the features from HP’s website:
• ProLiant G7 Servers (iLO 3 Advanced)
Supported Mobile OS’s
• iOS 4.3 or greater
• Android 2.2 or greater
• Operate the server power switch.
• Use the Remote Console to interact with the operating system, including BIOS and ROM configuration changes.
• Mount an ISO CD/DVD image. The disk image is available on the server as a USB CD/DVD drive. You can boot from the disk image and deploy an operating system.
• Launch HP iLO scripts and monitor their progress.
• Access the iLO web interface.
• Store the list of servers you want to manage.
Here’s my “Sys Admin” iPad with the iLO console open connected to a G7 Blade. How cool is this?
Here’s a few other shots from the user guide and app store screen shots:
Here’s a shot launching an iLO RIBCL script: